Dial up v Broadband

I. T. Mastermind 22:02 29 Jul 03

At the moment I have a 56K dial-up with Tiscali.
Do you think I should upgrade to Broadband? Or keep Dial-Up?

Any comments would be great!

Valvegrid 22:04 29 Jul 03

I use NTL 150k BB and wouldn't go back to dialup unless I had to, but worth keeping dialup as a backup.

Paul.

powerless 22:05 29 Jul 03

How many hours do you spend online per week?

...and what do you do online?

The Sack 22:10 29 Jul 03

There is no way on this planet i could go back to a dial up, broadband is worth the money just hear the phone ring again.

Djohn 22:17 29 Jul 03

I'll let you know in about a week! :o)

Mysticnas 22:42 29 Jul 03

if it's comfortably within your budget then get it. It's much faster, always on and you can download much quicker etc... it's all been said before.

To work it out, just add up what you pay for your dial up every month and compare it with a broadband package.

I've got ntl 600K broadband at my flat, but i've come home for a few months, and i have to use dial up and it's annoying. Sites a usually view are much slower!!! I can't even begin to download anything cuz it takes over an hour to dl a file of any great significance to me. And i hog the phone line which my family hates!

True, i could get a 2nd phone line put in just for the net, but then i'd be paying for that & the internet. So i might as well keep the one line and get broadband. But as i'm only home for a month here and there it's not worth my while to pay for broadband when i'm not there to use it!

Mango Grummit 23:05 29 Jul 03

The only real problem with BB is it's so fast that after you have been to click here two or three times there's nothing much left to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…