Dial-up v BB and IE v Firefox Mozilla

Barnacarry 15:25 09 Jul 05

I shall shortly be going on to broadband but I have a silly question. When using Firefox on Dial-up I regularly connect at 44 kbps, this includes the 'tune up' for speedier connections but when I use Internet Explorer I usually connect at 48 kbps, so will this anomally still occur with BB?

Chris Webster 15:40 09 Jul 05

Barnacarry,

I use IE6 and Wanadoo BB and get the full 1.1Mbps connection speed, you'll notice a vast difference when swapping from dial up to BB. I've had my BB a couple of weeks now and i just don't know how and why i stuck with dial up for so long.

Cheers, Chris.

mattyc_92 15:40 09 Jul 05

I find that FireFox is alot faster at loading up websites than IE (especially this site)

When you get BB, I don't think that you notice it you lost 4kb in speed, so don't worry about it.

Barnacarry 15:45 09 Jul 05

Well I said it was a silly question. As you say the loss of 4kpbs compared with a connection speed of 1.1 Mbps is really insignificant. I just thought that the speed my be about 10% slower on Firefox but you have eased an old mans mind. Thanks both.

Stuartli 15:48 09 Jul 05

When I was on dialup I always got 49.2kbps with Tiscali and 51.7-52kbps with Pipex whether using IE or Firefox.

You can easily configure/tweak Firefox to work even faster by following the tips given in earlier postings such as:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…