Dial-up using

WebGuy 22:28 17 Dec 06

yo, ive ordered mysef a broadband package which came with this "phone calls" package, talk unlimited, monthly payment, i was told that my bb will be activated in 10 days, so would the normal dial-up internet register as a "call"?? and i shount be charged exras for that, right? thanx

woodchip 22:33 17 Dec 06

Dial-Up only works with Analog Modem through the BB filter just like a phone. phone package is for the phone. don't think your Dial-Up modem will work with it other than as a Fax Machine if the Software as fax in it

Technotiger 22:36 17 Dec 06

Hi, I am with BT Broadband, for which I pay a monthly amount, my normal phone calls are on top of the Broadband charge. Connecting to the internet via your new broadband does not count as a Phone-call, so does not add more to your phone bill.

Cheers

WebGuy 22:39 17 Dec 06

ok, so if it works like a phone, my dial-up, 56k internet should register as a "call", do u get it, like I've pay one price, "TALK" all month, unlimited, does does mean i can use my internet 24/7 and not being charged an extra single penny?

WebGuy 22:42 17 Dec 06

DIAL UP IS NOT A BROADBAND OPERATION!

woodchip 22:46 17 Dec 06

You cannot use your Dial-Up modem unless you have a ISP that lets you use it. i.e they would supply a User Name and Password plus Phone number

woodchip 22:47 17 Dec 06

PS
If you are with BT on a Dial-Up Package you may be able to continue using it till switch over to BB

WebGuy 22:52 17 Dec 06

well u see, i dont use the eircom dial up, the company who owns my line, i use a "free" dial up of a different, independant company, but pay for the one eircom monthly talk package, well..

woodchip 22:58 17 Dec 06

Try it

WebGuy 23:01 17 Dec 06

yes, im on it right now, sweating out about the big bills, just tell me, does the dial up operation count as a "phone call"??

woodchip 23:05 17 Dec 06

No Idea. Are you in Ireland? In England the Free calls start with 01 or 02 and have to be disconnected before one hour then you can reconnect for the same length of time again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…