Dial up use on other land lines?

Marty1 16:47 26 Jul 05

At home, my Toshiba laptop running XP is online with an NTL dial up monthly contract. Is it possible to use it on other telephone lines when I am away from home and if so how do I go about configuring it?

woodchip 16:56 26 Jul 05

No I think it will only operate within the bounds of you Phone Code i.e. first two numbers.

I used to be on that at £15 a month on a BT line Now upgraded to BB for £24.99 with free Phone calls with numbers starting 01 and 02 National Local numbers 24/7

Completealias 17:12 26 Jul 05

No I don't think it will work when you get a dialup account it states that you can only use it from the line that you ordered it on.

Otherwise you could have one person paying for an account and getting the details and have many people using the same account from different location. The only way it would work is if it was a pay as you go account I think

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:24 26 Jul 05

You can sign up (free) for a PAYG service and that will work from ANY landline. I use Tiscali for this service but wanadoo and others do it. The cost is that of a local call which is charged to the phone that you connect from.

G

Marty1 19:12 26 Jul 05

Thank you all for your answers and advice. I will certainly look at the PAYG option.

Marty1 19:22 26 Jul 05

Final question, I take it I am able to have both my NTL and a PAYG account on the computer and swap between them?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:34 26 Jul 05

Yes, you can.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…