Dial up settings

tiscalitrev 09:21 10 Aug 06

Hi, I have a "dead" hard drive ( I think, but could also be a virus) which is preventing windows 98 se from loading. However I have been able to hook it up as a slave in my second PC and can read the files OK. I want to access the internet dial up settings ie telephone no and possibly even the password and user name. I use this as backup to my BB and so infrequent that I have forgotten the info to reinstall.Does anyone know where they are kept on the h/drive.Thanks.

Stuartli 09:29 10 Aug 06

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>Connection tab>highlight your ISP>Properties>Settings>Properties (alongside Username)>General tab.

tiscalitrev 11:59 10 Aug 06

Thanks for your reply but I think you misunderstood.I cannot log in to windows 98se.All I can do is read the files when the h/drive is connected as slave in another system.What I would like to know is where is this info held within the file system.Thanks.

Daveboy 19:14 10 Aug 06

I presume you are with Tiscali, if your dial back up is to them also they should be able to supply all you need to know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009