Dial Up query

gazmix 10:33 30 Aug 06

Hi
I'm on dialup as it's convenient for my situation.
I have the orange anytime icon on desktop, but if i click offline & want to keep several windows up, i have to go all the way back to desktop to doubleclick on the icon to reconnect!

This is ever since Orange changed their dialup number!
Mailwasher used to automatically bring up my dialup box!, is there a way of making a certain page bring up my connection. Like now i click on 'check mail' in mailwasher & i'm offline, it says i'm offline & mailwasher can't creat a connection, it used to bring up the dial up box, & saying that, whatever page i was browsing, if i was offline & i clicked on something, my dialup box would appear so i could connect, not anymore!
Any advice appreciated
Gaz

xania 16:01 30 Aug 06

Don't have a solution but try this as a workaround. Drag the orange anytime icon to your quick-start bar - that's the part nearest the <Start> button. It will not move - merely copy, but you will then have an icon you can see without having to close all the other windows. ALternatively, the icon already on the quick-start bar (Show desktop) will automatically close all your open windows with just one click.

woodchip 16:04 30 Aug 06

Double click My Computer Double click on Dial-Up Networking if you see your ISP Right click drag to quick launch bar

gazmix 18:36 30 Aug 06

Erm, i double click on my computer, i get my drives c:, d:, 31/2 floppy, shared & user documents, thats it!

No Dial up networking!!
Gaz

woodchip 19:00 30 Aug 06

o sorry you are on xp. go to control panel networking and you will see your isp just drag a shortcut to the quick start bar you only then have to click it

woodchip 19:17 30 Aug 06

PS you can also just right click drag from the icon on the Desktop to QuickStart bar. You would then only need one click on it

VoG II 19:21 30 Aug 06

Press Windows key + D to display desktop then click the Orange icon.

gazmix 20:59 30 Aug 06

Thanks, shall try these all tommorow, need bed now, early start!
Gaz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…