Dial up Problem

A p o l l o 14:54 22 Nov 03

Hi, running windows me. recently did a complete reinstallation of windows. When connecting to the internet, I get a message that no connection is available. I check the internet options via control panel, only to find a tick in the box for "Never dial a connection" so I change this to "Always dial my default connection" and click OK to confirm settings. Everything now works OK and I have no problems, but, as soon as I reboot the PC, the setting reverts back to "Never dial a connection".

This is really frustrating - can anyone suggest a way to get this setting to stay put.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Regards
A p o l l o

Diodorus Siculus 18:33 22 Nov 03

Delete the DUN connection and create a new one with the same details - it often works.

A p o l l o 18:43 22 Nov 03

Already tried that (twice) but still no good.

A p o l l o 12:13 17 Dec 03

I never found a fix for this problem, so I bit the bullet and did a rebuild. Everything is OK now as it should be.
Thanks for the suggestions
Regards
A p o l l o

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…