Dial up option not available

Stocky1958 18:18 07 Mar 05

Following a problem with the fonts on my PC I re-installed XP using the upgrade option, as I didn't want to lose my data and program files. The fonts problem is fixed, but now when I try to set up a network connection to my broad band account, the dial up options are greyed out, leaving only the 'Always On' broadband option. This also means I can't dial into the network at work. My ADSL modem is operational, and running at the correct speed. I also have a V90 modem insstalled for conventional dial up. I've run my up to date virus checkers several times, as well as Adaware, spybot S&D etc, but they've found no problems. Can anyone help? If I re-install XP using the new installation option, will I lose my programs & data? I can back most of it up, but re-installing all my programs will be a real pain.

Stocky

Stocky1958 19:51 08 Mar 05

Problem now solved, thanks to a previous posting! In case anyone has a similar problem, it was caused by re-installing XP after I had previously installed Service Pack 2. Apparently this causes the registry to get completely out of sync. Re-installing SP2 has fixed the problem.

Stocky

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…