DIAL UP OPTION FOR NETWORKED PC

MikeyT 22:01 22 Feb 04

I have, with some of your help, managed to get my 2 PC's to connect.... indeed me and my son have just played our first game of AOE. Anyway the slave PC cannot dial up the Net. I have to dial up on the Master and then the slave PC can surf. Is there anyway to get the Slave to dial up from it's location. I understand Master PC has to be switched on but does that need to be connected as well?

Chegs ® 22:08 22 Feb 04

I use CCPROXY to enable my daughters pc to connect to the net via my pc.If you buy this software,in its options is the setting to "Remote Dialup" Ticking this box,and inputting my dialup username/password in the other cfg boxes,allows her pc to connect mine online.I am sure that there will be a freebie app to do the same as CCPROXY( click here )

Paranoid Android 22:09 22 Feb 04

In theory internet connection sharing should do this for you, but I have found it doesn't always work.

I use a Proxy Server and have found this to be much more successful. click here

Marvin

Paranoid Android 22:11 22 Feb 04

SNAP

Chegs ® 22:12 22 Feb 04

LOL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…