Dial up numbers without registering

keewaa 19:00 29 Mar 06

Anyone got a good list or web page of dial up numbers to use short term/emergency , where I can just set up a dial up connection using the number and get internet access WITHOUT having to register all my details and get a user name and password. 0844 & 0845 numbers.

ACOLYTE 19:19 29 Mar 06

I don't think you can do this,at least i have never come across anything like it, the security implications would be very bad if you could do this,you could log on anywhere anonymously and do what ever you liked without fear of repercussion.Also how would you be charged for your time online?.

sil_ver 19:19 29 Mar 06

Try here click here
Click on the 'How to use' in the dialup panel

sil_ver 19:21 29 Mar 06

I'm assuming you're working from home

ruskle 19:40 29 Mar 06

I have a Tiscali B/B account which was upgraded from a dial up account. the dial up is now paygo at 1p per minute charged to the phone bill. I have stayed in a few hotels with phone sockets in the bedroom and have unplugged the pay phone and put my modem cable in, used my dial up setup, logged onto Tiscalis website with my B/B details and checked my emails etc.
I have of course put money in the pay phone, (honest) but this is not really needed.

My system still reveals my identity as I agree with ACOLYTE regarding security.

Maybe thats one way but still not anonymous.
Russell

jimv7 19:47 29 Mar 06

UK2, free dial up just pay for the phone call click here

ACOLYTE 20:06 29 Mar 06

sounds good cant see how much the costs are though?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:25 29 Mar 06

These guys are good click here. Just use the name and password on the site and the cost is the same as a local phone call. It can be used form any line in the UK.

There are loads of other similar ones and they all cost the price of a local call......click here click here click here click here click here

G

ACOLYTE 20:31 29 Mar 06

The internet makes things so easy,dont you think).

keewaa 22:57 29 Mar 06

Thanks, those should do the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…