Dial-Up Networking & missing TCP/IP & Adapter

Giggle n' Bits 01:03 01 Jan 03
  Giggle n' Bits 01:03 01 Jan 03

Hello, Happy Nerw Year all !!!.

Bit of a problem with installing the TCP/IP & the Dial-up Adapter into the control panel "Networking" Box in my friends Win ME Medion (Aldi) PC. There is a factory Restore CD but no dedicated Win Me CD.

When going for Add the Adapter or TCP/IP they are not listed or not available in the list under Microsoft.

There was AOL on PC before and his other friend of my friend removed AOL.

Now wanting to sign up to a BT line ISP the dial tone starts then it goes to a high pitched like engaged tone, but listening in on a phone reveals its not dial on the line to attempt to connect at all.

So how do I restore the Dial up networking protocols for the TCP/IP & Adpater please.

All help would very helpfull & Happy New Year all.

Lozzy 01:10 01 Jan 03

click here=

If the link does not work go to click here then knowladge base and type in "Restore Dial-up network"

leo49 01:17 01 Jan 03

And look in the ME Help contents index under'Dialup Networking/Connecting to the Internet' for a step by step guide.

Regards - Happy New Year.

Giggle n' Bits 01:57 01 Jan 03

most of the MS related support was even though searched by using Win Me retunred answers for Win 2000 & NT.

When in the Networking box there is no availablity to add the TCP/IP or Adapter needed to connect to a ISP.

So I am still stuck.

Thanks also for the above help, I will again go back and check it.

Giggle n' Bits 01:58 01 Jan 03

is Dial-Up networking protocols a separate thing and built into the Win ME ?.

leo49 02:04 01 Jan 03

Dial-Up networking is a Windows component available via Add/Remove Windows.[Step 3 of the Help instructions]

Giggle n' Bits 02:13 01 Jan 03

Dial-up Networking from the Win Me Add/remove Programmes, then re-boot and still no correct protocols available to add to Networking.

This has really got me confused.

leo49 02:16 01 Jan 03

Me too and as I'm more than a little inebriated I'm afraid I'll have to bow out. Sorry.
Regards Leo49

Giggle n' Bits 02:23 01 Jan 03

attempt and its now come back. But not sure if this will correct the connection problem to ISP.

you can hear modem ring in PC then it goes to a high pitched bleep. If listening to Phone line its not opened to dial out.

Will be back later today.

Thanks Lea49 for your help and Best Wishes again.

Ghost-In-U

Giggle n' Bits 02:25 01 Jan 03

medication for emergency dental treetment prevents a good session. But will make up for it in the next 48 hours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…