Dial Up Network

david4637 19:30 10 Feb 03

Could you please advise me how I can transfer the ISP dial up details etc from one PC with W98SE to another with W98SE.
Thanks David

bremner 19:38 10 Feb 03

I found this through Google.

Ignoring the bit about being unable to launch Windows it seems to explain what you require. click here

Nellie2 19:42 10 Feb 03

be careful fiddling with the registry........don't do it unless you are 100% confident in what you are doing.

When you first downloaded your connection software it should have been saved to a folder. The default folder is I think C/windows/Downloaded program files unless you have specified a different folder.
So pop a floppy disk into your disk drive, find the set up file, right click on it and select Send to 31/2 floppy. When the file has coppied to your floppy then pop it into your other machine and you should be away.........hope this helps

woodchip 19:45 10 Feb 03

It's not that easy, because they are also in the registry you are better writing them down, for your Outlook Express, click on tools accounts click on the account you use click on properties and write the setting down for incoming and outgoing you should know you password, for your dial-up double click on my computer then double click on dial-up right click your ISP make a note of the name you use and the telephone number and how it is put in your dial-up as code sometimes as to go with the isp number for it to work instead of the code box. your e-mail can be found by going to explorer click on the windows folder then on application data, Identities expand until you see Outlook Express the files on the right can then be copied to floppy disc

leo49 19:47 10 Feb 03

Very useful link,cheers.

david4637 14:56 11 Feb 03

Thanks to bremner and his link above - I found the Registry key and just exported the DUN details to a floppy, problem solved. Thanks to you all for your help. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…