Dial-up modem problem :o(

Cloggsy 14:23 19 Jun 03

I have recently moved house! In my old house I used to be able to dial-up & get a connection of between 48 kbps & 52 kbps, now I have moved house & I'm only getting 31.2 kbps every time I dial-up. I have spoken to BT and asked them to increase the gain on my line, which they have done! No settings etc have changed on my machine whatsoever, so what the hell is going on?

I get net access via NTL World... Can anyone help, because I'm getting balder by the day!

graham√ 14:29 19 Jun 03

Do you mean your dial up is via a NTL analogue line over cable?

Cloggsy 14:42 19 Jun 03

Normal BT line via the NTL network... It doesn't matter now though... I managed to locate new drivers for my modem at click here and the first time I tried to connect after the new drivers, I was pushing 49.2 kbps... I'm now a very happy bunny ;o)

Cloggsy 16:48 19 Jun 03

By the way, just in case you were wondering... the modem is an Intel(R) 536EP V.92 modem (running on Windows XP Pro) however, all the windows drivers (& Linux) are available on the afore mentioned site!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…