Dial-up Modem dropout

djsew 18:17 03 Dec 04

After (clean) re-install of WinXP, dial-up modem connection drops out after 2 – 5 min online. (In the middle of downlods of course!)
PC profile includes 1.8 P4 on Intel D845HV mobo and Supra Express PCI 56i Pro internal Modem with XP drivers v2761.
BT line proved satisfactory (another PC works no prob). Tel cable substituted.
Moved modem to another slot, reinstalled etc, still got same prob. Re-inst XP again, no improvement. +/_SP2 no change.
All previously OK prior to XP re-install for other reasons...
Any suggestions please?

Noelg23 18:21 03 Dec 04

you never mention who the connection is with?

Noelg23 18:23 03 Dec 04

and its possible it could also be the modem, maybe the drivers are not what they use to be? perhaps they need to be updated again after reinstall?

Danoh 18:25 03 Dec 04

Your dial-up connection should default to auto-discount after 10 minutes (or so). However, it usually flags this up with a warning window while it times down to auto-disconnection. Is this happening?

If so, you can adjust the auto-disconnect time period simply.
>Start >Control Panel >Network and Internet Connections >Network Connections

Click on your dial-up Network connection and you will see various tabs and options, one of which is the auto-disconnect time setting.

djsew 23:12 03 Dec 04

Tiscali's the ISP but it works ok with my other PC. The prob PC has also been tried on BT OpenWorld with same disconnect result. Time-out settings all OK. Latest drivers match what I have already.
Guess I'll try another modem... Thanks guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…