Dial up via a mobile?

highfield 11:44 11 Sep 06

I am moving into a serviced flat for 3 months. It has a wired in phone. No BT plugin. I have a modern HP laptop, a mobile phone and a dial up connection.

Can I access the Internet and email with this equiptment. A friend says that I only need a connecting cable from my phone to my laptop's USB connection. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Taff™ 13:21 11 Sep 06

Your friend is right. Talk to your Service Provider or post back the make and model of your phone. It is quite expensive to use a mobile like this though. Are you sure that there`s no plug in telephone point?

An alternative is to use a bluetooth connection to your phone - assuming your phone has bluetooth of course. A bluetooth USB device for your laptop would probably be cheaper than the cable at around £10-£15 and could be useful for other things without being restricted by a cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…