dial-up internet sharing.

BIG ben strikes 10 22:46 18 Aug 04

hi all a few months back i was told that a wirless lan card would work for dial-up internet connection sharing i did however trust this information.i thought the person would know how to configure it becouse i didn't know how to.but when i asked for help on how to configure it no one gave me help..........but now i might buy a crossover cable to network the computers.before i buy though.can someone please tell me how to configure first of all.thanks alot everyone.hope somebody can help?.i wan't to share a dial-up internet connection through a network.(no routers).thanks alot.ben

Strawballs 23:09 18 Aug 04

What OS are the 2 machines using

VoG II 23:16 18 Aug 04

It will be painfully slow.

BIG ben strikes 10 23:25 18 Aug 04

hi there i am running windows XP on both machines.

BIG ben strikes 10 23:27 18 Aug 04

do you not remember me?!.i wanted to put a whole cd rom onto 500 floppies?.kuh

SEASHANTY 23:34 18 Aug 04

Some info to read click here

click here

BIG ben strikes 10 23:41 18 Aug 04

thanks mate.ill have a read.

Strawballs 23:47 18 Aug 04

The machine that is connected to net has to be the gateway go to control panel > network connections > then to set up a small home or office network then follow instructions. XP has made it so easy.
I have a similar setup except that 1 of my machines is running 98se and I am using a hub and broadband but your's should work, all that you have to remember is that the gateway machine has to be connected for the other machine to access the net.

BIG ben strikes 10 08:36 19 Aug 04

so i basicly install protos required*
connect adaptors*
set-up small office or network*
if i use a floppy to set it up on another computers.will this configure it to connect to the internet via my computer?.thanks alot.strawballs.and the rest of you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…