dial up internet problem please help

ozzy 123 18:47 26 Mar 06

Hi Every one thanks for reading this
My friend rang me and said she is having a problemm with her dial up internet conection.
she says she hasnt altered any settings on her pc but when she trys to conect to internet explorer a box appears saying "you have selected manual dial, lift the reciever and dial the number you want to conect to when a conection is made click conect then hang up"
She is using an old pc with windows M E.
can any one tell me how to change these settings so it doesnt select manual dial.
many thanks in advance for all your help.
...ozzy...

Jackcoms 19:10 26 Mar 06

I'm not familiar with ME but, I believe, that it has System Restore.

Try that.

Bogbrain 19:22 26 Mar 06

It sounds like a configuration problem within your friends Internet Explorer. Get her to check them from TOOLS. Or try the restore point from within M.E.

ozzy 123 19:28 26 Mar 06

Jack every restore point she trys wont restore.
bogbrain what configuration does she need to check for

jakimo 19:32 26 Mar 06

click on IE icon...in connect to box click properties...click configure...under dial control uncheck operator assisted or manual box

jakimo 19:33 26 Mar 06

ps...nothing to do with restore

ozzy 123 20:29 26 Mar 06

Hi jak
i rang her and she said the manual dial up box covers the conect to box and when she closes it off it closes the conect to box aswell is there another way to access configure tab.

woodchip 20:33 26 Mar 06

Double click My computer, double click Dial-Up networking you should then be able to right click on the ISP then click Properties

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac