Dial-up internet disconnect

Chelonian 14:10 07 Aug 06

I have several problems with my internet connection. My account ISP is Freeserve and my OS is Windows 98.

1: I am being automatically disconnected from my dial-up connection after about three minutes.

2: Emails deleted from my Inbox in Outlook Express are downloaded again when the program is re-opened on a new session.

I realise that these are probably two very basic problems but I don't know much about PCs or how to go about fixing them.

Any advice will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Stuartli 14:43 07 Aug 06

In the Outlook Express Send/Receive box, ensure that the Hang Up After... box is unchecked.

From Internet Explorer's Tools>Internet Options>Connection tab highlight your ISP>click on Settings>Advanced button and alter the disconnection periods to your requirements.

OK and OK out.

GroupFC 14:45 07 Aug 06

It sounds very much as if you need to alter some settings in OE.

Have a look at these:-

In OE go to tools>options>connection tab and make sure that there is no tick in “hang up after sending and receiving” and if there is remove it.

In OE go to Tools>accounts> mail tab and select the account. Click on properties and then the advanced tab and under Delivery put a tick in the box “remove from server when deleted from “deleted items” (For this to take effect you will need to delete them from your Inbox AND from the Deleted Items folder).

HTH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…