Dial-up Icon missing from System Tray

tallboy 20:45 17 Feb 04

I use the ISP glowinternet for my dial-up internet connection. Following an obligatory upgrade to their connection settings last weekend, I no longer get a connection icon in the system tray when I connect to their network.

I can disconnect by using the drop-down menu on the on-screen short cut, but it would be easier if I can get the system tray icon back again.

Does anyone know how to do this? The option of having it doesn't appear on any of the set-up tabs.

Thanks.

Tallboy

Wak 21:02 17 Feb 04

Hi, Go to Start/ Programs/ Accessories/ Communications/ Click "Dial-up-Network".
Right click your ISP, select Properties, select CONFIGURE for Modem, Options tab and put a tick in the box for Display Modem Status.
That should put your little TVs back in the Sys tray.

wobblymike 21:35 17 Feb 04

Even simpler, go into control panel select Network Connection, Right Click your ISP network and select properties - you shoul see a check box which says "Show icon in notificatio area when connected" tick the box and you're sorted

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…