Dial-up Icon missing from System Tray

tallboy 20:45 17 Feb 04

I use the ISP glowinternet for my dial-up internet connection. Following an obligatory upgrade to their connection settings last weekend, I no longer get a connection icon in the system tray when I connect to their network.

I can disconnect by using the drop-down menu on the on-screen short cut, but it would be easier if I can get the system tray icon back again.

Does anyone know how to do this? The option of having it doesn't appear on any of the set-up tabs.

Thanks.

Tallboy

Wak 21:02 17 Feb 04

Hi, Go to Start/ Programs/ Accessories/ Communications/ Click "Dial-up-Network".
Right click your ISP, select Properties, select CONFIGURE for Modem, Options tab and put a tick in the box for Display Modem Status.
That should put your little TVs back in the Sys tray.

wobblymike 21:35 17 Feb 04

Even simpler, go into control panel select Network Connection, Right Click your ISP network and select properties - you shoul see a check box which says "Show icon in notificatio area when connected" tick the box and you're sorted

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch