Dial-up entry keeps reappearing

Billy911 10:03 21 Mar 06

A friend of mine says that he has gone from dial-up to broadband. He deleted the entry for the dial-up connection in Internet options but he says it keeps coming back. It also tries to dial-up at seemingly random intervals. I thought that it could be something to do with the registry and a program trying to update itself. If this is the case why doesn't the program use the broadband connection? Any ideas on how to get rid of the dial-up entry once and for all?

961 10:14 21 Mar 06

Is the dial up setting still present in network connections?

If so it could currently be set to "dial up if no connection is present"

He can either delete the dial up connection or alter the settings to "never dial a connection" In the latter case the connection would remain dormant but available for use by merely plugging the dial up modem into the phone line if the broadband connection was unavailable at any time

yaesu 10:16 21 Mar 06

I had to go to tools; internet options; connections (in ie6) and click in the "never dial a connection" box to cure this problem. No gauratees but it worked for me. (xp home+sp2 BT bb with voyager router)

Billy911 11:35 21 Mar 06

Thanks for that 961 & yaesu. I'll let him know and will get back with the outcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…