Dial-Up Connection & Msconfig Problems

Supertramp 08:31 19 Jul 05

Since Sunday I have been having problems with the PC. There are 2 items that are still causing problems;
1 - Everytime I boot up the dial up connection window pops up! how can I stop this?

2 - problem is when I open/run Msconfig the box appears for a couple of seconds and then immediately disappears, it will not stay visible on the screen.

Running W98SE

Thanks

Taff36 08:38 19 Jul 05

Sounds like you`ve a nasty on that computer. Have you got Anti-Virus and run Adaware, Spybot or MS Antispy?

jack 09:00 19 Jul 05

I could be an infection on the otherhand simply a file in the wrong place - blame the hot weather
do you have a 'clean up' program such as AShampoo
or Norton or Bug Fix

any of those will fix it

Supertramp 09:29 19 Jul 05

Hi - Yes I have AVG Pro virus software and Spybot, Ad-Aware. A few items found with Ad-Aware but problem persists.

gel 17:10 19 Jul 05

I too have the dial up connection problem.
My ISP is Wanadoo and I raised the matter with them.I think my promlem first surfaced after a windows update a week ago Incidently the problem is not causing any trouble only an iritation.
gel
This is the reply from wanadoo
There are a number of reasons why a 'Connection' window may appear when
you first turn on your computer. These can include a request from MSN
Messenger, Virus checking software or any programs that appear in your
'System tray' requiring an Internet connection.

The 'System tray' is the collection of icons located in the bottom right
hand corner of your desktop, found beside the clock.

You will need to check through your 'System tray' and see if any of the
programs located there are set to dial a connection automatically.

gel 17:21 19 Jul 05

Hello
Put 'dial up connections' in the searchbox on this forum and you will see that there are a lot of folk who have had the same problem.There is also a lot of advice
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…