Dial up Connection with broadband

Photographica1 16:55 22 Mar 03

Hi I used to connect via Dial up through a modem. When I added Cable/broadband, I still had access to my dial up accounts.
I recently had to reinstall windows XP Pro (which I installed over the top of my original installation)
My Dial up settings to the ISPs have disappeared. If i try to set up a new network connection to the internet, the dial up modem part is greyed out and i cannot set one up. The only option available is directly through the broadband connection.
I know its possible as I had it before.
Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

VoG™ 16:59 22 Mar 03

Does Winjdows recognise that you have a modem fitted?

Start, Control Panel/System, Hardware tab, Device Manager button

Photographica1 17:13 22 Mar 03

Yes it does, I get an error 711, when i follow the instructions to re enable remote access connection manager I get the message access denied!

VoG™ 17:18 22 Mar 03

Does this help click here

Also, did you reinstall SP1 after reinstalling Windows click here

recap 19:07 22 Mar 03

click here Photographica1. If that doesn't resolve the problem, I would suggest uninstalling the BB connection you have and set your dial up account first.

A thought Photographica1, if it is NTL BB then the dial up account should be disabled.

Photographica1 19:41 22 Mar 03

Thanks VoG, the second part solved it, I re-installed SP1 - problem disappeared, in fact all my dial up info magically reappeared. Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…