Dial Up Connection box for Internet and EMail

Richard31 12:10 02 Apr 04

I'm a new Windows XP user and cannot find a way to open up Internet Explorer and Outlook Express ttogether with the Dial Up Connection box. I'm haveing to open Explorer or Mail and then separately open my default network connection to dial up a connection. On my old Windows 98 the Connection box always appeared whenever either Explorer or Mail was opened. I've tried ticking the "connect automatically" box on the Dial Up Connection but this doesn't work and unsets itself. Also I've set my Network Connection to "Always dial my default connection" but with no luck. Can anybody help?

Gongoozler 12:30 02 Apr 04

Another couple of things to check. If your Home page is set to about:blank, then the Dial-up box won't appear. Also in Tools - Internet options - Connections - Settings - Properties - Server Types, make sure that you have the correct type of Dial-up server, and that only TCP/IP is ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…