Dial-up-connection Box

wheeltaper 15:37 05 Feb 04

when I start up, my dial-up-connection box pops up as the last thing loaded. This also happens when I go to shut down. Norton Antivirus, Zone Alarm Firewll and Spybot all tell me that there is no problem, yet there is. If I tick never dial up in my connections, then I can access my e-mail ok, but not the internet, unless e-mail is loaded first.Any idea's?

Gongoozler 16:20 05 Feb 04

This could be Norton Antivirus checking for it's "Publishers Certificate Revocation".

In Internet Explorer open Tools - Internet Options - Advanced. Remove any ticks from the boxes under the Security heading for "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation (requires restart).

Eric10 16:22 05 Feb 04

Start, Run, type MSCONFIG. Disable your startup items, exit and restart. If the problem has gone away, add the startup items back a few at a time, restarting each time until the problem returns. The culprit is now among the items you just added so can remove these again and add them back one at a time until you find it.

MSConfig has been available since Win98 except for Win2k.

wheeltaper 18:34 06 Feb 04

Thanks Gongoozler, it worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…