Dial up connection

Bouch 20:23 13 Jun 03

When I boot up my computor, after all has booted the dial up connection now appears every time it never did this before.I have checked all my settings and all seen normal. I am running Windows ME.what has gone wrong?

Belatucadrus 21:03 13 Jun 03

It's probably an automatic update on a firewall or antivirus, check the settings you can almost certainly disable it.

jazzypop 21:08 13 Jun 03

It could be something benign (as stated above, a program checking for updates), or something less pleasant (a trojan, virus, spyware etc).

Letting it dial out will tell you what it is trying to do.

Alternatively, go to Start > Run, type msconfig and click the Startup tab. Untick anything you don't like the look of, to prevent it from running at startup.

See click here for a guide to what should be in msconfig

Fordy 18:37 14 Jun 03

Panicware's Pop up stopper mine does the same

Bouch 09:51 15 Jun 03

I tried what jazzypop sujested and let it connect it rang my ISP but nothing else happen. I then rebooted and behold it has gone. Must have been a Blue Peter (something left over from connection I made earlier)Thank a lot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…