Dial up connection

podlod 15:26 26 May 08

Hi, slight annoying prob, every so often daily when I am online trying to find info on the internet, a panel appears and it is a `dial up connection` which I have not got as I have LAN line (broadband). How can I stop this panel appearing? can you tell me in simple terms please, thank you.

crosstrainer 15:29 26 May 08

Right click the internet explorer icon.

Choose properties.

Choose connections

hit the radio button labled "never dial a connection"

That should stop the dial-up box appearing.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:30 26 May 08

Internet options - Connections tab - tick never dial a connection.

or even delete any dialup connections you may have on the connections tab.

crosstrainer 15:33 26 May 08

Now that's one for the record book's! I actually typed fast enough :)

podlod 10:35 27 May 08

Hi, I did exactly as you advised but all I got when I opened up properties in the box was General-Shortcut-Compatibility ? nothing regarding connections or radio? what am I doing wrong.

johnnyrocker 10:37 27 May 08

go to tools internet options connections and do it from there?

johnny

Ditch999 10:59 27 May 08

In IE got to Tools > Internet Options > click on Connections tab > in the box below Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings click any/all entries and click the Remove button to the right. This will delete any Dial up connections you had. Also, if possible make sure there is a black dot at Never Dial a Connection in the section below the white box labeled Choose Settins if you need to.... It may be an automatic software update (like iTunes or Quicktime) trying to access the internet to check for updates. Or it may be a dialler virus/trojan trying to do the same.

podlod 13:39 27 May 08

Hi, I did as you advised, sort of, I clicked the area where it said `never dial a connection`do you think this will do it?

tullie 14:24 27 May 08

You tell us

podlod 14:36 27 May 08

Hi, as I said I wont know until it happens occasionally?

podlod 10:00 07 Jul 08

Hi I just want to say thanks for your help, your advice worked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5