Dial-Up Connection

orangewhiteblue 09:06 06 May 05

I have been using BT broadband for some time now and recently there has been a subtle change.

When I boot the computer up the, 'Dial-Up Connection' box appears suggesting that a programme is trying to connect to the internet.

This previously hasn't happend unless I have started to run a programme which needs to connect to the internet.

Could this possibly be a virus, worm or trojan trying to connect? If so where do I go to fix it?

I am running Windows XP Pro, IE v6, ZoneAlarm and AVG. All upto date.

pauldonovan 09:08 06 May 05

the net.

I would be tempted to review what is in your startup (use Msconfig and look at startup tab, or download winpatrol). Anything that you don't recognise in there, or that might contact internet?

Also, I would've thought AVG would alert you if anything new tries to access the net? If so you would've had to approve it doing this?

Maybe the dial-up connection is the step before AVG kicks in but would've thought AVG would've caught it first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…