dial up connection

hairshirt 21:15 24 Aug 03

I have been to many forums about this but nobody appears to have any solutions. I like this magazine because it much more "hands on" My problem...When I disconnect from the internet and then try to reconnect I get "no dial tone" but I may have been just connected moments sooner? I'm baffled! I even wondered if it had something to do with my ISP but I doubt if they can block my out connection? I have to take out both ends of the cable and reinsert, sometimes two or three times, so I think it might be a loose connection somewhere in the back of the P.C. but has anybody got and ideas before I go poking around and cause more trouble. It also hangs on dialling...and thats as far as it will go. It's not the wall socket and nor is it the cable itself. What could possibly be causing this, I have done nothing differently recently, I even got my supplier to change the connection box in the wall for a new one, but the problem remains??? any theories or suggestions much appreciated please as this is really wrecking my head like no other problem has.!! Headache
~I'm running win2000 133mhz

woodchip 21:19 24 Aug 03

After you shut down your Dial up, press Ctl+Alt+Del close Rnaapp it should then connect

mammak 21:23 24 Aug 03

Hi hairshirt, i am far down the track when it comes to comp,s but i am sure someone up here could help, whats your ISP, and do you get any error messages on dail up.Mammak

mammak 21:25 24 Aug 03

sorry woodchip we cross posted,

hairshirt 02:06 27 Aug 03

Thanks for responses. A bit late back but to answer anyway, my isp is Eircom.net (v. reliable>
and no I don't get any error messages? Could it be a faulty modem?
Cheers!

hairshirt 02:18 27 Aug 03

This has happened just recently on startup, and then while working on various programs. When I get a "freeze" I alt-ctrl-del and its sometimes explorer that is not responding. I close it or whichever is not responding and then get the dreaded window! Anybody know whats going on?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…