Dial up compression V Broadband

fullyfitted 19:41 01 Apr 04

in this months PCA magazine there is an advertisment for a Dial up compression service,
click here.
As I don't need (and cannot afford) Broadband the service looks interesting but it looks too good to be true and we all know where that leads,
I've had no experience of this type of product, has anyone tried it? . Any feedback would be welcome but again I will not be back on line for some time but will acknowledge all help

bremner 19:55 01 Apr 04

click here for an earlier thread.

Each review I have read on Onspeed has said that it has made a definite improvement.

Be aware that it will make no difference when downloading already compressed files like mp3's.

muddypaws 20:15 01 Apr 04

I subscribed to OnSpeed a couple of months ago. At first I thought it was very good, but now I'm not so sure. Quite often with it switched on when accessing the web and fail I get ' Accelerator server error' which presumably is OnSpeed, so I switch it off and connect immediately. This evening the PCA site is considerably faster with it 'OFF ' I also cannot use it with OE 6. Doubt if I would recommend it. I'm on Win XP and IE.

fullyfitted 19:14 02 Apr 04

bremner and muddypaws,

Thanks for the help and advice.
I did do a PCA search but didn't go back far enough, I'll know next time.

having read the threads and taken on board " muudypaws " experience I think I can live without it.
Many thanks again

fullyfitted 19:20 02 Apr 04

bremner and muddypaws,
Thanks for the help and advice. I did do a PCA search but didn't go back far enough, I'll know next time.

having read the threads and taken on board " muudypaws " experience I think I can live without it. Many thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…