Dial up and broadband logon

The Bard 17:25 22 Oct 06

Every time I boot up I get the dial up connection box appearing. I cancel that and can then connect to broadband in normal way. Looking at Control Panel-Internet Properties there are two identical accounts, both set as default. Whichever one I try to remove I get the message "...cannot remove because it is currently in use..." even though neither is in use and I have closed the internet connection.

Technotiger 17:28 22 Oct 06

Hi, In IE go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections and set Never Dial a Connections, then Apply and OK.

The Bard 10:12 23 Oct 06

Current settings are "always dial default connection". I think the problem might be that I have two identical default connections neither of which I can delete. Settings for both appear to be the same. I also have an old dial-up account for when my broadband ISP is down. This has been in situ long before this problem occurred and appears to have the same settings but, again, I cannot delete it.

birdface 11:03 23 Oct 06

Try, Tools Internet Options, Click Connection Tab, Press lan settings, Click Automatically detect settings. See if that helps.

The Bard 11:34 23 Oct 06

Automatically connect was already ticked. Tried 'unticking' but made no difference.

Fingees 12:42 23 Oct 06

I always set mine to
Never dial a connection. It stopped dial coming up, but still connected to BB OK.

Just a point.

Technotiger 16:29 23 Oct 06

Hi, as I said before - set to "Never Dial a Connection"

Cheers.

birdface 16:30 23 Oct 06

Hi Did you mean Network Connections,Or Internet Options.If Network Connections,You should only have 1 Connection working,The other if any should be switched off,Or not running, Idle ,something like that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…