from dial up to broadband

Sani1 19:44 26 Aug 05

I have just upgraded to BT broadband basic 512 from BT Anytime. I'm a bit of a novice and not sure if I should uninstal the BT ICM. I still get the dial up screen coming up when i want to check Outlook Express, and also I have to cancel 'modem lock' everyday to access broadband. I'm worried in case i uninstall something thats needed for broadband! What about BT Applications also? yr help would be appreciated.

Jackcoms 20:52 26 Aug 05

I'm not sure what you mean by "the BT ICM".

But if you mean the BT dial-up connection - yes, just delete it in Network Connections, unless you anticipate using it again.

Jackcoms 20:53 26 Aug 05

I'm not sure what you mean by "the BT ICM".

But if you mean the BT dial-up connection - yes, just delete it in Network Connections, unless you anticipate using it again.

Daveboy 21:42 26 Aug 05

BT Internet Connection Manager (BT ICM)
Small downloaded programme that supposedly connects you more efficiently when dialling in, not used by b/band.

Mr Beeline 21:46 26 Aug 05

I'd tend to leave the dial up connection myself, just in case your BB goes down, as a back up. Just un-plug your modem cable.

You might want to check that your BB connection is set as the "default" in internet properties / connections.

PS. jackcoms ... BT ICM = BT Interconnect Connection Manager

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…