Dial "9"

Spr 20:10 02 Sep 03

I have a Laptop that I use at home to connect to the Internet. I would like to use my Laptop at work to check my e-mail the only problem is that I have to dial ?9? to get out how can I get round this problem? Is there away around this problem

keith-236785 20:48 02 Sep 03

there is an option in the connection settings to set up to dial 9 first, you should set up another dial up networking connection with the same phone number and details (logon, password etc) as you use now to connect but look in the settings, there is a tick box for dial number for an outside line (or something similar)check this and enter the number, thats it.

good luck

krypt1c 21:09 02 Sep 03

The other option is if you have access to the net at work you should be able to check your mails at your ISP website. Most offer the option. Another option would be to set up a web based email a/c which allows you to check pop3 servers. hotmail does it, but now charges. I think opera still do it for free. click here

billy 21:56 02 Sep 03

If you need to pause between 9 picking up and outside line insert a comma between the 9 and outside number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…