Diagnosis?

Satmansq 20:14 09 Jun 03

Does anyone know of a program to reliably diagnose hardware problems, or a method to use other than replace it and see.

pleeeeeeease

theres a great thing called the pcadvisor helproom, its not a program but if you tell it the syptoms it tends to come up with an answer.

hugh-265156 20:19 09 Jun 03

i dont know how reliable this is,but seen it get good wright ups in a few mags lately.click here

you need to run it for about 6-12 hours supposedly

Satmansq 20:44 09 Jun 03

Thanks horiz but already posted problem with no results, posted under computer freezing if you would care to take a look and see if you could help

Satmansq 16:31 10 Jun 03

Thanks for tip huggy, tried Hot CPU,and it has reassured me about processor although it has not solved the problem, I am a little closer to a resolution.

Been reading other threads and going to try DirectX to diagnose Graphics and sound cards.

Sir Radfordin™ 16:35 10 Jun 03

It depends on what component it is - you can buy stuff that will freeze the component for seconds but that is unlikely to help in this situation.

The only way to really find out is to repalce it and see. Reason being that software will never fully be able to intereact with everything installed.

Belatucadrus 17:02 10 Jun 03

Try system mechanic , it's free for thirty days and supposed to be pretty good click here

Satmansq 09:18 14 Jun 03

Thanks for all the suggestions currently awaiting delivery of a new hard drive, a long required upgrade anyway, and with any luck a cure

Satmansq 00:45 12 Jul 03

Despite misgivings when reading other articles finally built up the courage to flash BIOS.

This seems to have cured problem.

ollie < one> 02:36 12 Jul 03

cv

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…