Diabling XP's copying to cd facility

brian132 20:08 29 May 03

I have decided to follow 2 pieces of advice I have received from readers here recently .
1.To buy the cheap version of Nero 5.
2. to "diisable " WinXP's own copying to CD facility as it may conflict with Nero.( I have experienced this conflict even before I had XP ).
My question is - how do I disable Win XP's facilty from my PC?
Thanks for any advice.

powerless 20:17 29 May 03

Go to > My Computer > Right click your CD-RW drive > Choose "Properties" > Click on the "Recodring" tab at the top and remove the tick from "Enable CD recording on this drive" > Now click OK.

-pops- 21:40 29 May 03

I use Nero with XP and I've never given a thought to disabling the CD writing facility of XP. Are you sure it's not something else that is causing your problem?

Note that the XP CD writing facility cannot have been causing a conflict with Nero before you had XP, as you seem to infer, as it wouldn't have been there.

If you buy the low cost version of Nero remember you can update it to the current one on the Nero website for free. In fact, you don't even need to download the version you've just bought - you only need the product key that comes with it. Download the trial Nero and then qualify it with the key. Perhaps a current version of Nero will cure the problems without going to the lengths of disabling parts of your operating system.

brian132 05:17 30 May 03

Many thanks for help and advice given

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…