DHCP errors event 1003

chippy+ 18:51 13 Feb 11

hi can anyone help me to stop dhcp errors i have looked through google but can't get an answer to work i have 4 wired and 2 wireless pcs through a virgin modem and d-link router the modem is through one of my wired pcs the erro says your computer cannot renew its address ---the operation was cancelled by the user-- thanks Chippy

MAT ALAN 19:03 13 Feb 11

click here

might help...

bremner 19:34 13 Feb 11

With Virgin the set up should be.

Vigin cable into modem.

Ethernet from modem to Router Input Port.

Wired connection to computer(s) from Output ports of router.

You seem to suggest the modem is connected directly to a PC

chippy+ 22:20 15 Feb 11

hi MAT ALAN and bremner

sorry about the delay i have been to busy to use my pc sorry about the way i wrote the setup you are right it is modem to router router to pc's
the errors are about the master browser i get the internet ok and it is fast when it is connected the delay is between the pcs over which is the master i dont always have all my pcs on so there seems to be a fihgt for master and that is what is causing the startup delay thanks Chippy

bremner 09:41 16 Feb 11

You should not have any conflict over who is master because if you have it set up properly no one is master. All machines are equal.

As I said before, from your first post it seems to be that you have the modem connected directly to a PC - this is wrong and why you are having the trouble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…