DHCP DMZ UMA question

non1 17:04 13 Mar 09

Hi all,
so here is the situation, I have a Belkin N1 ADSL2+ Wifi Router/Modem, a PC on an N1 wireless PCI card, a Laptop on an internal 54g wireless card and a Nintendo Wii. The network is running just fine with WPA2-PSK encryption.
Now Im upgrading my mobile to an Orange 6301 which has UMA and Im beginning to wonder if I should create a DMZ for that to connect to the network so I dont have to insert my (hidden) SSID and PSK into the phone.
My router segregates the DMZ by IP address not MAC address, but if the DHCP issues the IP addresses 'Dynamically' how would I be able to ensure only the mobile phone hits the DMZ IP and no other device? Or when using a DMZ must static IP addresses be used?
Thanks.

Tech Guy 17:35 13 Mar 09

A DMZ (demilitarized zone) is to have a computer outside of your routers firewall - so the internet can have access to it, a web server for example.

If your home wireless network has encryption you would need to enter the PSK to access it so you can use UMA.

When using DMZ a static IP must be used yes, but this is not with solve your problem. Your wireless network cannnot have 1 part encrypted and 1 part open.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…