DGTeams Forum Questions

SirBillGates 15:58 01 Jul 10

I want access to the DGTeams forum but don't know the answer to the question "Marco, Carlo and:".

click here

Can you help please?

rdave13 17:04 01 Jul 10

click here for some info.

Dipso 17:14 01 Jul 10

I see what you mean??? I'll see if I can find out the answer.

Dipso 20:03 01 Jul 10

I don't know the reason for the secrecy but I'm sending you a PM.

Sea Urchin 21:03 01 Jul 10

What secrecy?

Jameslayer 21:06 01 Jul 10

So what do DGT do that requires all that secreacy.

Dipso 21:17 01 Jul 10

The answer to the question.

It was more to do with the forum being spammed and other hassles, they made the sign up by invitation only. That has been relaxed now but you need to know the answer to this question.

FWIW, I have been running DGTeam firmware on my routers for a few years now and apart from the added functions in the GUI, I always find my router suncs a lot higher than with the manufacturers own firmware.

MAT ALAN 21:19 01 Jul 10

Its related to netgear firmware and tweeks for a list of routers...(totally unsupported and done at users risk)

And of course if ya start flashing thnigs you don't know much about you can render them useless as other forums have testified.

Why the secrecy WHO KNOWS, WHO CARES...

Dipso 21:41 01 Jul 10

Well, SirBill and me for two.

As long as you know what you're doing before hand, you shouldn't have a problem with flashing. I thought I'd bricked my router after the last flash...my stupid fault for not removing the RJ11 beforehand and interrupting the process...thankfully the recovery utility came to my rescue!

Where's the fun in running generic firmware? ;)

woodchip 23:01 01 Jul 10

Looks like "you like" running across such as the M1 or playing with Fire

Dipso 06:45 02 Jul 10

Ha, no that would be very stupid, I'll leave that pastime to someone else...I'd hardly compare it to such as that!!!

DGTeam give me the option of tweaking my noise margin which meant I could either stabilise or increase my connection speed, I can set times to turn wireless on or off, I can have multiple SSID's if I wish, I can perform advanced tests, as well as many other options that were not available with the Netgear firmwares.

No, I just getting the best from my broadband connection, like many others out there, what's wrong with that???

Netgear DG834N V1.02.08 - DGTeam Rev. 0848
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 17203 kbps 1269 kbps
Line Attenuation 29.5 db 14.6 db
Noise Margin 3.6 db 7.0 db

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…