dg834gt how to configure

AMotta 21:35 29 Nov 05

I have installed the dg834gt router, however I cannot get it configured, do I need to change any settings in the browser that is not mentioned int he manual? I can ping the ip address 192.168.0.1, however, my browser denies the access and does not bring up the user name and password window.
Can anyone shed a light on what is going on?

mgmcc 22:15 29 Nov 05

Presumably you have connected to the router with an ethernet cable for the initial configuration? If so, try giving the "Local Area Connection" a fixed IP address in the same range as the router. For example:

IP address - 192.168.0.2

Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway - 192.168.0.1 (the router's IP address)

Also, if you have Firewall software installed, either temporarily disable it while configuring the router, or add the router's IP address in the "trusted" area.

AMotta 22:15 30 Nov 05

Yes I did attempt to configure it using the cable. Using the IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway did not work. I still can't get into the router. Now I can no longer even ping the router.
Any more suggestions?

keewaa 10:38 02 Dec 05

Set PC TCP/IP back to auto IP and auto DNS
Some of these pages might help as it might be a TCP/IP or winsock2 problem :
click here
click here
click here
click here

keewaa 10:39 02 Dec 05

Keep using the ethernet cable until you get it configured (leave wireless until the very end, once the internet is working via cable)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…