DG834G connection problem

I have a netgear DG834G wireless router and have been sold a 85 mbps powerline ethernet adaptor and an 85 mbps powerline wireless acess point, when I connect the powerline adaptor to the router and plug it in I lose my cabled internet connection, wireless connection OK, I have had the units checked by the shop who sold them to me and they had them working OK, any ideas, Pete

onthelimit1 26 Jun 11

I've used these in several place with different routers (including Netgear) - never had a problem. You could try changing the socket used at the back of the router, but my bet is that, despite what the shop says, that the one you're plugging into the router is faulty. Do you know anyone local where you could prove this by plugging the homeplug into a different router?

p.s. If your user name is also your email, be prepared for loads of spam. I'd change your name sharpish!

bookpete 26 Jun 11

Thanks, I will give this a try, also have changed as advised

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message