DG834 Connected but doesn't work

Daveporky2 19:41 19 Mar 06

I have a Wired Netgear DG834 on a network, The router shows that it is connected but there's no sign of that being correct as no emails in/out & no web pages accessible.
I've rebooted everything but still the same problem.
The routers settings are still same, it was working fine until this morning and nothings happened that may have caused this.
Anyone got any ideas?
thanks
david

woodchip 19:47 19 Mar 06

Have you tried rebooting the router

Daveporky2 20:21 19 Mar 06

I have rebooted the router manually by removing the power cable & through the software. It reconnects okay but no internet access

woodchip 20:22 19 Mar 06

If all light's on then I would say it's a windows problem

Dipso 21:09 19 Mar 06

Are you sure the problem isn't with your ISP?

ashdav 21:31 19 Mar 06

the IP of your computer has probably changed when you booted up.

Daveporky2 22:02 19 Mar 06

Thks yr suggestions, I'll try calling the ISP again & get the line tested, it's a fixed IP so I keep thinking it must be something to do with Demon as I cannot connect in or out regardless of what the router says.

Dipso 22:11 19 Mar 06

Sometimes it's worth having a look at click here to see if anyone else is having problems.

Meshuga 22:13 19 Mar 06

Daveporky2, who is your ISP, are you with Metronet?

Daveporky2 22:16 19 Mar 06

Thanks, managed to get through to Demon who admit there is a problem with their adsl connections though its not posted on their web site but it has been going on since 12 today. Annoying if it is their fault as I've wasted many hours faffing about over this.

Dipso 11:47 20 Mar 06

Are you with Metronet?

I "was" with Metronet until last week when I'd finally had enough and migrated to IDNet, no more problems and a faster connection speed for no more money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…