Devolo - Ethernet connection problem

kerryh_r 14:38 14 Mar 08

I have been trying to get 2 devolo adapters (ethernet only) talking to each other on a multi plug adapter for a buddy. I did it at my place first no problem.
When I tried it with his, there seemed to be a problem with his ethernet port on the pc. This seemed to be supported by the fact that I could only connect his modem via usb, and not ethernet. I took the old ethernet out (maybe it was an adsl adaptor?), but did no software tweaks/uninstalls. Then I physically installed the new ethernet card with its new software.
When I try and connect now, the system appears to think i have two ethernet cards and i can not connect to the one I want.
Did I miss something out, ie a windows xp uninstall process for the old hardware that would free the resource ready for the new one? If so, what can I do to tell the system it aint there, or alternatively both aren't there, and reinstall new.
Thanks in advance guys.

Tech Guy 06:38 15 Mar 08

When you remove any cards/devices always uninstall drivers first. Then put in new device then install new drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…