DEVLDR What is this?

freefx 17:27 30 Oct 03

O/S WIN XP Pro..It takes ages for my PC to shut down. Each time it my PC asked me if i want to end the program DEVLDR....i said yes and then it says the program is not responding and takes good 10 minutes if not more to shut down.

What is this DEVLDR? Does anyone here knows? And how can i get rid of it? And where the hack it comes from in the first place.

Annoying.:-)

johnnyrocker 17:32 30 Oct 03

have a look at this and see if it helps
click here

cheers.

johnny.

freefx 17:55 30 Oct 03

Ok found out it is caused by my creative live series sound card from a microsoft website. I can follow the instrucions given there except at the last line it says 'reinstall the sound card driver from XP CD'.

Can someone please tell me how to reinstall a sound card driver from the XP CD?

thanks

A_World_Maker 18:27 30 Oct 03

Maybe you can find the drivers you need here? click here

johnnyrocker 18:31 30 Oct 03

go to the creative website itself and you should have no prob. i suspect that statement is a bit of microsoft blurb as xp carries drivers for just about everything apparently

johnny.

A_World_Maker 18:31 30 Oct 03

if you download the drive by using the 'save' option, point the file download to say a folder called 'downloads' on your hard disc, making sure the file is expanded, if it is a zip file. then right hand click 'My Computer' on your desktop, and select Properties. Hardware Tab, then Device Manager, seek out your sound card, and click with the right hand mouse button, select properties. Click driver tab, then update driver, point the browser to the newly created 'download' folder and let it look for any updated drivers.

johnnyrocker 18:33 30 Oct 03

apologies didn't realise where world_makers link pointed to

johnny.

A_World_Maker 18:43 30 Oct 03

np lol, I left the link higher than yours, so that it could be bookmarked for any 'additional' info :-)

johnnyrocker 18:44 30 Oct 03

nice one;)

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009