Devices to consider for mobile internet usage

rickus 13:46 05 Jan 07

Have just started to look into this, prompted by seeing a PSP in real life for the first time.

I know that a PSP is capable of a whole lot more but what I am looking for is something that I can use for internet access when away from home.

Are there are other similarly priced or cheaper devices that I should look into as well?

Thanks
Rick

Technotiger 14:11 05 Jan 07

Some mobile phones can have internet access, costs about £3 a month - or what about Internet Cafe use.

rickus 15:28 05 Jan 07

Thanks TT but those are not really what I am looking at - perhaps I should have put the word 'wireless' rather than 'mobile' in the title.

I will be going to several places where I can get free wi-fi access and would like to exploit that using a device that gives reasonably user-friendly internet access.

rickus 20:08 05 Jan 07

Any more thoughts anyone?

Technotiger 20:12 05 Jan 07

If you have a laptop, simply insert a wireless card, this will give you access to the many free wifi spots. You can also buy a little gadget that indicates when you are in range of a hotspot.

Technotiger 20:14 05 Jan 07

My partner has a Safecom Wireless LAN Cardbus PC Card inserted in her laptop - it cost just under £20.

Technotiger 20:17 05 Jan 07

ps - she also has the gadget I mentioned above, it has a series of LEDs' which light up when in range, the more that light up the stronger the signal.

rickus 20:29 05 Jan 07

I only have a desktop and cannot really justify a laptop. The PSP looks like a cheaper alternative for occasional use.

rickus 14:42 06 Jan 07

Bumpety bump.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5