Device write failed - twice now!

O0O 09:39 22 Sep 03

Need some help please. Title error appears at user selection screen (win XP) after booting/restarting. The error message comes with the following text -

'Unable to save all the data for file C:\$Mft ?failure of hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.'

After clicking OK, error message was same apart from new file name, this is repeated ad infinitum. After soft reset CHKDSK runs and recovers quite a few orphaned files, system re-boots to same error point as above. The circle continues........
So now I have the FEAR, whats going on? It is only now a question of time before XP strikes again. Can anybody tell me why this is happening? What I can do to prevent this? Have contacted Mesh support in a panic first time which resulted in re-installing Windows and losing everything. Second time around I re-booted in safe mode and selected Last-Known Good setup - OK(ish) so far; but a few niggles, drivers missing, system restore points not working, etc, etc..........

Many thanks.

pinka 10:12 22 Sep 03

are you setup on fat32 or ntfs

O0O 11:50 22 Sep 03

NTFS - another error pop-up that came with the prev. problem was 'could not allocate required space in registery log' (if it helps). Tnx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…