"Device not found" and "BIOS not installed"

SpyMan²°°­­³ {:o)){--< 15:01 28 Apr 03

I have just installed a new mobo...everything went sweet...everything was recognised. Well almost...During the 'self-test' a message comes up on the black screen saying "Device not found" and under it, it says "BIOS not installed".

How do you install the BIOS...i always thought it was already installed on the flash memory.

What could be the device that isn't found?? Could it be the BIOS.

The Computer proceeds to windows and all seems well.

Thanks ahead

LastChip 15:19 28 Apr 03

Do you have a SCSI device installed?

If so take it out and see if you till get the message.

Check you boot order in the BIOS. Normally, it will be a;c;CD perhaps, but if it is something different, it may be the cause.

Finally, (for the moment), you could try resetting your CMOS (BIOS). See your motherboard manual. It should show you a set of pins to reset your CMOS. Sometimes during transit, for whatever reason, they become corrupted.

I don't have any SCSI devices installed.

My Boot order is C, CDRom

I will have one more look at the jumpers and CMOS and then i will reset it.

Thanks

woodchip 15:45 28 Apr 03

Check for a jumper that clears CMOS, that it is in the run position

I have checked the cmos clear jumpers and they are set correctly.

I have been reading the mobo book and apparently the mobo supports serial ata and there is a cable supplied to attach a hard drive to mobo.

What is serial ATA?

How do i disable it?

Should i disable it?

How do i know if my hdd is a serial ATA one?

mrdsgs 18:09 28 Apr 03

serial ata is the new generation of hard drives that run off a much narrower cable than IDE and allow multiple drive and raid setups far easier than IDe (and even SCSI)

your hard drive will not be serial ata if it is connected with the normal ide cable.

if you reboot and enter your bios setup (watch for the message on the screen)you should have an option to disable serial ata. i am fairly sure that this is all you will need to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…