device not configured code 1

mimo 12:32 05 Jan 04

hello

win xp.
i have 2 usb1 ports on the front of the tower.when i connect my web cam to the first port no problems,the camera operates correctly.but when connected to the second port it states "to install the driver disc".i have checked device manager it states "device not configured (code1).the odd thing is that all my other devices work fine on both ports.any ideas.cheers mimo

Lozzy 13:49 05 Jan 04

This article lists error codes that may be reported by Device Manager, and provides possible resolutions. To view error codes, follow these steps:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
In Control Panel, double-click System.
Click the Device Manager tab.
Double-click a device type (for example, double-click Mouse) to see the devices in that category.
Double-click a device to view its properties. If an error code has been generated, the code appears in the Device Status box on the General tab. In some cases, there is a Solution button (Windows 98 only).
Q133240 - Troubleshooting Device Conflicts with Device Manager
MORE INFORMATION
Code 1

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To update the drivers for this device, click Update Driver. If that doesn't work, see your hardware documentation for more information.

Solution button: Update Driver

This code means that the system has not had a chance to configure the device. To resolve the problem, follow the instructions in the Device Status box. In addition, you may be able to resolve this issue by removing the device in Device Manager, and then running the Add New Hardware wizard from Control Panel.

mimo 19:25 06 Jan 04

hello lozzy.thanks for the info,problem now solved cheers.best regards mimo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…