Device manager and Show Hidden Devices

birdface 16:14 PM 12 May 12
Answered

In Device Manager and pressing Show Hidden Devices,I have a few old programs or drivers or whatever that I have removed before.Like AVG.Bit Defender.Zemana Antilogger and no doubt there are more.

Is it safe to delete those,or better just leaving them as they are.Not sure if they are all drivers or drivers and files.

Gut feeling says safe to remove but thought that I would ask first.

KRONOS the First 17:19 PM 12 May 12

Have a look at this. Remove hidden devices.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:51 PM 12 May 12

Some will be for USb devices you use like the printer or external drives if not switched on or mem sticks.

I tend to leave these so that windows doesn't reinstall when inserting these devices,

all the others I delete.

birdface 20:23 PM 12 May 12
Answer

Ok thanks both.

Chronis that did not work using W/7 so just deleted the ones that I new were no longer in use from Device Manager.

There was a fair list of ones that I did not know but will go through them at a later date.

birdface 20:25 PM 12 May 12

Slow on here tonight anyone else having the same problem.

KRONOS the First 02:20 AM 13 May 12

It's slow on here most night these days, the forum seem to be full of posts from people who after starting the thread never return.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…