DEvice manager item

geedad 07:58 24 Apr 08

I have the dreaded yellow mark with 'StarPort Storage Controller' (Lite), under the SCSI and RAID controller.
I have no idea what this is. Can anyone enlighten me please, and advise on a fix?
geead

DieSse 08:37 24 Apr 08

I presume in you read your motherboard manual, it'll tell you that this is a facility on your motherboard.

If you don't use it, then there's nothing to fix.

You could,but it isn't necessary, disable it in the device mangler - you might even be able to disable it in the BIOS. But as I said, if you don't use it, there's not a real problem.

If you are using it - then post back, as maybe different actions are needed.

geedad 15:06 24 Apr 08

DieSse
I don't know if I am using it!!!
Would it be used for games or what?
I have just re-installed my old Radeon 9200 display drivers because I failed to update to the current version.
Would that be the reason?
Thank you very much for your response.
geedad

johnnyrocker 15:09 24 Apr 08

click here= might find the answer here?

johnny

Ditch999 15:12 24 Apr 08

This appears to be a network storage controller enabling you to connect to remote storage appliances such as disk arrays, tape drives, DVD-ROM image libraries and so on. click here for further details

DieSse 17:16 24 Apr 08

It's used to attach drives - but doesn't need to be used - your drives may be attached to standard IDE or SATA controllers.

It's nothing to do with you graphics card.

I would assume you aren't using it - because if you were and it was not installed correctly - things would be going badly wrong with your disk drives.

DieSse 17:21 24 Apr 08

Whoops - should have read up on it more.

It's actually software - a free program - which amongst other things allows you to have virtual DVD drives.

If it were me, I would look in the installed software and uninstall it. This is it click here

geedad 20:43 24 Apr 08

DieSse
Ditch999
johnnyrocker
Thanks, all!
johnnyrocker, took your advice - problem solved!
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant