device manager exclamation mark

the old man 14:32 14 Nov 05

I cannot get my modem to work. I have a yellow exclamation mark against my speedtouch 330 adsl modem within the network adapter section and when i enter properties it says there is no speedtouch network support. i dont run a home network. i have tried to delete this but the modem still does not work. the modem section of device manager contains my adsl modem and that is fine. anyone able to help.

recap 14:35 14 Nov 05

You can unistall/disable the device. Look through the porperties of the device to do this. Right click the device to get the properties option. Once you have uninstalled/disabled the device reboot your system.

the old man 14:38 14 Nov 05

done all that. modem still wont work. all settings on isp side correct but when i try to log on get error message with code 708, i think. green lights are go on modem and device manager says all fine with modem.

recap 14:52 14 Nov 05

code 708 is relating to DUN. There seems to be a conflict between your ADSL modem and your DUN Modem.

Take your card modem out of your system, this may resolve the problem.

Border View 14:56 14 Nov 05

Just a thought, have you got your dial up modem disconnected from the phone line. I have found it best to have it disconnected then when accessing internet modems dont get confused.

the old man 16:01 14 Nov 05

do not have a dun modem only have the speedtouch 330 adsl modem. old 56k modem taken out of the system 20 months ago when i upgraded to BB

woodchip 16:05 14 Nov 05

Did you load the 330 Software before you pluged the USB router in??? if not uninstall the Yellow Mark and unplug Modem, Load software then plug modem in

the old man 16:08 14 Nov 05

will do. at work at mo so will try later. if no reply by half five it didn't work and will log back on tomorrow at work.

the old man 12:24 15 Nov 05

now have no exclamation marks within device manager after suggestion by woodchip, but still not able to connect to pipex. error code 706 comes up which is "ERROR WRITING INITBPS". all wiring is fine and have two green lights on modem.
don't have a clue what this is, can anyone help.

the old man 12:28 15 Nov 05

my system is very slow and there seems to be a problem of mouse not working properly. it is a belkin wireless mouse and the base unit is usb. clicking on icon does not start anything. problem is admittedly intermittent but is still there. batteries changed last week.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 15 Nov 05

ERROR WRITING INITBPS

is a driver error, you either have the wrong driver or it is corrupt, uninstall and reinstall the driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac