Device Manager & Add New Hardware inoperative XP?

John 17:05 30 Apr 03

I have a problem - neither "Device Manager" or "Add New Hardware" respond any more. The window openens, but then it locks up - blank with no information on it.

I have recently Upgraded from an Athlon 1.3 to a 2.4 (motherboard bios updated). Also I have used a Reg Cleaner (which may have been responsible). I have "Repaired" XP using the XP disk and it hasn't solved the problem.

I would be grateful of any ideas, please?

JS

VoG™ 23:24 30 Apr 03

^BUMP^ Any ideas?

hugh-265156 01:51 01 May 03

similar problems with device manager a few weeks back saying cannot find software to install,tried everything and did not work.i did however use reg cleaner and not being a tech head i think had removed some vital files.tried recovering them and it didnt help only sorted out by a reinstall of xp.thats about three times now that registry clean up programs have caused me problems.will never use again just do it manually is a lot less trouble.

AndySD 02:12 01 May 03

Did you make a backup with reg cleaner check and see if you can undo the changes made.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…